How to build a side hustle stack when you have a full-time job?
As someone who worked a traditional 9-5 job as a caregiver for disabled kids and caring for his chronically ill wife, I found myself craving the freedom to spend more time with her and reduce our financial struggles. This is where the idea of creating a side hustle stack came to my mind.
Aside from a creative outlet that would allow me to express myself and pursue my passions outside of work, I also wanted to earn extra income and explore the world of entrepreneurship.
Since I grew up poor, and my brother became an accountant, I was always fascinated with personal finances, budgeting, saving, and investing in precious metals like gold and silver, and began my journey to financial literacy. I read plenty of books on the subject but I also discovered something that became my passion and obsession in life – blogging business!
That’s why I decided to start two blogs as a side hustle stack.
The first blog focuses on my love for my chronically ill wife and allows me to share our experiences and insights about endometriosis and fibromyalgia with others who are also in a similar situation to ours. The second blog is centered around my interest in personal finance and financial independence. It offers tips and advice for those looking to take control of their finances and achieve their goals.
By creating these two blogs, I am able to pursue my interests, share my knowledge and expertise with others, and earn extra income on my own terms. It also allows me to be more creative and entrepreneurial, which is something that I find fulfilling and rewarding.
Naturally, starting a blog isn’t the only side hustle you can do. There are plenty, and I will discuss many of them later on. Besides, managing two blogs alongside a full-time job can be challenging at times.
It requires me to be organized and manage my time effectively, as well as constantly coming up with new content ideas and staying up-to-date with industry trends. However, the benefits far outweigh the challenges, and I truly believe that my side hustle stack has the potential to grow into a successful and profitable business in the future.
Ultimately, I started these two blogs to earn extra income outside of my traditional 9-5 job, but I always had in my mind the ultimate goal – to build enough passive income to quit my traditional job. It has been a challenging yet very fulfilling journey, and I look forward to seeing where it takes me in the future.
- What is a side hustle stack?
- Why is it a good idea to have a side hustle stack?
- What are some benefits of having a side hustle stack?
- Step 1: Identify your skills and interests.
- Step 2: Research different side hustles.
- Step 3: Choose the right side hustles for you.
- Step 4: Set up your side hustles.
- Step 5: Market your side hustles.
- Step 6: Promote your side hustles.
Introduction to side hustle stack.
The concept of a side hustle stack has gained popularity in recent years as more people look to supplement their income and pursue their passions outside of their 9-5 job.
Side hustles have become increasingly popular in recent years due to the gig economy, which has made it easier for people to monetize their skills and interests.
A side hustle can be anything from freelancing as a writer to driving for a ride-sharing service to selling handmade crafts online. The possibilities are endless, and the beauty of a side hustle stack is that it allows you to explore and experiment with different income streams.
In this blog post, I will dive deeper into the concept of a side hustle stack and provide guidance on how to create your own. I will also discuss the benefits of having a side hustle, the challenges of starting one, and provide examples of different types of side hustles.
What is a side hustle stack?
A side hustle stack refers to a collection of different side hustles that people engages in to generate extra income. Rather than relying on a single side hustle, a stack offers the benefits of diversification and the ability to earn money from multiple sources.
I don’t think there is anything else to explain here, let’s move on to why is it a good idea to have a side hustle stack and what are the benefits of having one.
Why is it a good idea to have a side hustle stack?
Having a side hustle stack provides several benefits, including:
- Diversification. By engaging in multiple side hustles, you spread your risk across different income streams. If one side hustle is slow, you can rely on the others to make up the difference.
- Flexibility. A side hustle stack provides the flexibility to choose when and how much you want to work. You can work on your side hustles during your free time or when you need extra cash.
- Skill development. Engaging in multiple side hustles allows you to develop different skills and expand your knowledge. This can be beneficial in your full-time job or in future career endeavors.
- Pursuing your passions. A side hustle stack allows you to explore and pursue your passions outside of your 9-5 job. It can provide a creative outlet and a sense of fulfillment.
What are some benefits of having a side hustle stack?
- Increased income. A side hustle stack provides the opportunity to earn extra income, which can be used to pay off debt, save for a down payment on a house, or invest in your future.
- Improved financial stability. Having multiple income streams can provide financial stability and a safety net in case of job loss or unexpected expenses.
- Improved work-life balance. A side hustle stack can provide flexibility and the ability to work on your own terms, which can lead to a better work-life balance.
How to create a side hustle stack?
Creating a side hustle stack involves several steps. Here’s how to get started:
- Identify your skills and interests.
- Research different side hustles.
- Choose the right side hustles for you.
- Set up your side hustles.
- Market them.
- Promote them.
Let’s discuss all of them one by one.
Step 1: Identify your skills and interests.
The first step in creating a side hustle stack is to identify your skills and interests. Think about what you enjoy doing and what skills you have that can be monetized. Some questions to ask yourself include:
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What skills do you have that others might be willing to pay for?
- What services or products can you offer?
Step 2: Research different side hustles.
Once you have identified your skills and interests, it’s time to research different side hustles. Look for opportunities that align with your skills and interests and that have the potential to generate income. Some resources to consider include:
- Online job boards. Sites like Upwork and Freelancer.com offer a variety of freelance opportunities across different industries.
- Gig economy apps. Apps like Uber, Lyft, and Instacart provide opportunities to earn money on a flexible schedule.
- E-commerce platforms. Platforms like Etsy and Amazon Handmade allow you to sell handmade goods online.
- Social media. Use social media to promote your services or products and connect with potential clients.
Step 3: Choose the right side hustles for you.
After researching different side hustles, it’s important to choose the right ones for you.
Consider the amount of time you have available to dedicate to your side hustles, the level of skill required, and the earning potential. It’s also important to choose side hustles that align with your values and interests.
Step 4: Set up your side hustles.
Once you’ve chosen your side hustles, it’s time to set them up. This may involve creating a website, setting up social media accounts, and establishing a system for invoicing and payments.
It all depends on what you want to do. When it comes to blogging, you will find everything you need to know at the bottom of this article. From starting a blog as a total beginner blogger to a full-time blogging pro who wants to expand his earning potential.
Step 5: Market your side hustles.
Marketing is essential for attracting clients to your side hustles. Use social media, email marketing, and word-of-mouth to promote your services or products. Consider offering a special promotion or discount to new clients to encourage them to try your services.
Google is your best friend, but if you don’t want to learn the art of SEO (which is constantly evolving and changing) you can always use Pinterest – a visual search engine (NOT social media).
Step 6: Promote your side hustles.
Once your side hustles are up and running, it’s important to continue promoting them to attract new clients and grow your income. Consider expanding your services or products, networking with other professionals in your industry, and seeking out new opportunities to generate income.
As I mentioned above, Pinterest is WAY better than any social media like Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. YouTube is great, but it takes time to grow, whereas Pinterest brings almost instant results that actually last.
Tips for growing your side hustle stack.
To grow your side hustle stack and increase your income, it’s important to:
- Be consistent. Consistency is key when it comes to building a successful side hustle stack. Dedicate a set amount of time each week to your side hustles and stick to it.
- Be patient. Building a side hustle stack takes time, so be patient and stay committed to your goals.
- Be persistent. Don’t give up if you face setbacks or challenges. Stay persistent and keep pushing forward.
- Be organized. Stay organized and keep track of your income and expenses to ensure you’re maximizing your earnings and minimizing your expenses.
- Be positive. Maintaining a positive mindset can help you stay motivated and focused on your goals.
One side hustle or stack of side hustles?
Whether to pursue one side hustle or a stack of side hustles depends on your personal preferences and goals. A single side hustle may be ideal if you’re looking to supplement your income while maintaining a focus on your full-time job.
However, a side hustle stack can provide the benefits of diversification and flexibility and may be more suitable if you’re looking to explore your passions or generate a significant amount of extra income.
The benefits of having a side hustle.
Having a side hustle provides several benefits, including:
- Increased income.
- Improved financial stability.
- Improved work-life balance.
- Skill development.
- Pursuing your passions.
The challenges of starting a side hustle.
While there are many benefits to having a side hustle, there are also challenges to consider, including:
- Time management. Balancing a side hustle with a full-time job and other responsibilities can be challenging.
- Marketing and promotion. Attracting clients to your side hustle can be difficult, especially if you’re just starting out.
- Managing expenses. Running a side hustle involves expenses, such as equipment and supplies, that need to be managed carefully.
- Burnout. It’s easy to become overwhelmed when trying to juggle multiple side hustles, so it’s important to prioritize self-care and avoid burnout.
Examples of different side hustles.
Here are some examples of different side hustles you could consider:
- Freelance writing or editing.
- Graphic design or web development.
- Virtual assistant work.
- Pet sitting or dog walking.
- Tutoring or teaching online.
- Social media management.
- Photography or videography.
- House cleaning or organizing.
- Personal shopping or styling.
- Landscaping or yard work.
- Fitness coaching or personal training.
Examples of online side hustles.
One of the benefits of the digital age is that there are numerous online side hustles available. These can be done from the comfort of your own home, and often require little more than a computer and an internet connection.
Here are some examples of online side hustles:
- Blogging. Starting a blog can be a great way to share your interests and knowledge with the world, and potentially earn income through advertising, affiliate marketing, or sponsored posts.
- Drop-shipping. Drop-shipping involves setting up an online store and selling products without having to hold inventory or manage shipping. You simply find a supplier, list their products on your website, and they handle the rest.
- Online tutoring or teaching. Many platforms exist for online tutoring and teaching, including VIPKid, Outschool, and Chegg. You can teach a variety of subjects and age ranges, from English as a second language to calculus.
- Freelance writing or editing. As mentioned earlier, freelance writing and editing can be done online. You can find clients through platforms like Upwork, Freelancer, or Fiverr.
- Social media management. If you have a knack for social media, you could offer your services to businesses and manage their social media accounts for a fee.
- Transcription. Transcription involves listening to audio or video files and typing out what is said. There are many transcription companies that hire independent contractors, or you can find your own clients through freelancing platforms.
- Online surveys. While not a high-paying side hustle, online surveys can be an easy way to earn a bit of extra cash in your spare time. Sites like Swagbucks and Survey Junkie offer paid surveys and other opportunities to earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards or cash.
These are just a few examples of the many online side hustles available. With a bit of research and effort, you can find a side hustle that suits your skills and interests, and potentially turn it into a profitable business.
Why online side hustles are better?
There are several reasons why online side hustles can be a better option than traditional side hustles. Here are a few reasons why:
- Flexibility. Online side hustles can be done from anywhere, at any time. You can work from the comfort of your own home, or from a coffee shop or co-working space. You can also work during non-traditional hours, such as early mornings or late nights, to fit your schedule.
- Low start-up costs. Many online side hustles don’t require much investment upfront. You may need to pay for a domain name and web hosting if you’re starting a blog or online store, but the costs are generally much lower than starting a brick-and-mortar business.
- Wide reach. With the internet, you can reach a global audience for your products or services. You’re not limited to customers in your local area, which can greatly expand your potential customer base.
- Scalability. Many online side hustles can be scaled up or down depending on your needs. For example, if you’re a freelance writer, you can take on more clients or fewer clients depending on how much work you want to do.
- Automation. Some online side hustles can be automated, meaning you can earn passive income without having to actively work on the business. For example, if you set up an online store using drop-shipping, the supplier will handle the shipping and fulfillment for you.
Overall, online side hustles offer a lot of flexibility and potential for growth, without requiring a significant investment of time or money upfront. If you’re looking for a way to earn extra income on the side, consider exploring online side hustle opportunities.
Why blogging is the best option for an online side hustle?
While there are many online side hustles available, blogging is often considered one of the best options. Here are a few reasons why:
- Low start-up costs. Starting a blog can be done for very little money, with some platforms offering free hosting and domain name options. This makes it an accessible option for anyone who wants to start a side hustle without making a large upfront investment.
- Passive income potential. Once a blog is established and has a steady stream of traffic, it can earn passive income through advertising, affiliate marketing, or sponsored posts. This means that even when you’re not actively working on the blog, it can still earn you money.
- Flexibility. Blogging is a very flexible side hustle, as you can write posts whenever you have time, and from anywhere with an internet connection. You can also choose to write about topics that you’re interested in and passionate about, making it an enjoyable way to earn extra income.
- Creative outlet. Blogging allows you to express your creativity and share your knowledge and expertise with others. It can be a fulfilling and rewarding hobby, as well as a source of income.
- Potential for growth. With hard work and dedication, a blog can grow and become a successful business. You can increase your traffic and income by promoting your blog on social media, collaborating with other bloggers, and consistently producing high-quality content.
While blogging may not be the right option for everyone, it offers many benefits and can be a great side hustle for those who enjoy writing, have a passion for a specific topic, and want to earn extra income on their own terms.
Final thoughts on side hustle stack.
A side hustle stack can provide numerous benefits, including increased income, improved work-life balance, and the ability to pursue your passions. While starting and growing a side hustle stack may have its challenges, with dedication and persistence, it’s possible to build a successful and rewarding side hustle business.
Remember to prioritize self-care and maintain a positive mindset throughout the process. By doing so, you can turn your side hustle stack into a thriving source of income and fulfillment.
Przemo Bania is a blogger and writer who helps people get out of their traditional jobs to start a blogging career. Przemo also runs a health blog advocating for endometriosis and fibromyalgia…
Blogging courses from A to Z!
Are you looking to take your blogging skills to the next level? Look no further than our selection of top-notch blogging courses!
Whether you’re a beginner just starting out or a seasoned pro looking to refine your skills, these courses have always something to offer.
Learn how to create killer content, build a loyal audience, and monetize your blog through a variety of strategies. With expert instructors and comprehensive curriculums, our courses are designed to give you the tools and knowledge you need to succeed in the competitive world of blogging.
Sign up today and take your blogging game to the next level!
Start from scratch
Launch Your Blogging Biz
Start your blogging business and grow it from scratch. This is ideal for beginner bloggers.
Focused on the SEO
SEO Blueprint for Bloggers
Turn your blog into an SEO traffic machine. Bring organic traffic from search engines.
The art of Pinterest
Pinterest Traffic Avalanche
This course will teach you how to drive huge traffic right away without waiting for months.
For course creators
6-Figure course creator
You’ll learn how to create and sell your own online courses without having any experience.